This is our webdoc (short for: website documentary) where we’ve taken a look at the various ways beer touches our lives – from history and politics, to health and economics – we’re looking at the odd, quirky, and wonderful ways the brew is viewed, tasted, regulated, and sold across Europe.
Our hope is that you come in, sample a story and decide to stick around (and click around!) through the various videos, animations, facts and figures we’ve gathered here. If you see something that strikes you, feel free to share it and if you want to know more about us or want to get in touch come see us over on our blog: http://www.ab-inbev.eu/.
Head of Corporate Affairs Europe, AB InBev
90% of facts in this site were taken from:
The Oxford Companion to Beer - ed. Garrett Oliver, Oxford University Press (2012).
Arnold, John P (2005). Origin and History of Beer and Brewing: From Prehistoric Times to the Beginning of Brewing Science and Technology. Cleveland, Ohio: Reprint Edition by BeerBooks
"Beer". Britannica.com.; Michael M. Homan, Beer and Its Drinkers: An Ancient near Eastern Love Story, Near Eastern Archaeology, Vol. 67, No. 2 (Jun. 2004), pp. 84–95.
Handbook of Brewing: Processes, Technology, Markets. Wiley. 4 June 2009. ISBN 978-3-527-31674-8. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
Hornsey (2004). A History of Beer and Brewing (1st ed.) Washington D.C.: Royal Society of Chemistry.
Photo of Munich Octoberfest (found on the Trivia page) taken by Bayreuth2009, attributed under Wikicommons.
Terms & Conditions
The terms ‘AB InBev’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owners of the website, AB InBev, based in Leuven, Belgium. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us or the companies and organisations we represent. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, video and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
AB InBev is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. This policy applies to all the information we may collect on this website.
AB InBev use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to compile reports for us on activity on the site. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. How to reject or delete this cookie.